Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fire by Brooke Fox

        Fire
By Brooke Fox
 Your eyes are like a spark,
                              a flame when it reaches the wind.
                       The trees are tall yet stand proudly beautiful,
                                             but that one flame
                                        devours them in an instant.
      I tell you I see clearly,
           your face
        close to my heart.
                                    And when I think of those trees,
        burning steadily,
    I say “Go down, Moses,”
                             for I know that in the wake of that fire that was spark,
         of peace that is no longer there,
            all the forest by that flame, the trees that surround it,
                                  will soon be “Gone With the Wind.”
                                       Your love arises before me,
 and I see a burning flame.
         At your touch,
                                             a spark that meets the wind.
                                         Love conquers everything,
                                            and in the wake of it,
                                    your fire will be forever burning.
      Remember the fire,
       For it embraces you.
                                           Fire, burning fire of love.
                Fire.
-Dedicated to my mother, Ellie Fox (poem written for mother’s day)

No comments:

Post a Comment