Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Angel by Brooke Fox

A pure exchange had we,
In which I had your untrammeled love,
And in turn you owned my heart.

Balm of my hurts,
Cool cloth on my sorrows,
You gave more to me than most would dare imagine,
For humans see as a car through fog, their way being blinded by headlights.

For your happiness’s sake, I would have touched the moon.
I love you more than ever.
To me you were not only my child,
My little girl,
You were, and still are, my angel,
Even more now because you dwell in Heaven.

Our relationship was reciprocal.
I provided you a haven from the world,
You gave me happiness immeasurable.
Though I grieve, it is not for your welfare,
For never from this goal did I waver,
You never suffered,
Not e’en in Death’s black clutches.

My light were you in a dark and stormy tempest,
Brightest in lovely night when I listened to your precious breathing,
It was not my arms that wrapped around you,
But my heart.

As smoothly as these words flow,
Just as easily stands my conviction of your present elation,
My belief that by God you were hand-chosen
That it was not my finger that singled you out so long ago,
But that of Fate’s,
And for this reason,
You live.

Could this have been purpose painful?
With a blissful web of twelve golden years spun?
You were perfect,
As loyal to me as I to you,
You still are, and always will be, perfect.

Thus I grieve not,
For ‘twas not in the plan.
Oversee me, eternal light,
As I once watched you.
Pray I only, for my hands are now bereft,
Life is but a vapor, and how we take it for granted!
Our time is borrowed, I no longer have this power.
God listens.
He cares.
Sleep well, my sweet, and may I see you in a life eternal.


No comments:

Post a Comment